Sunday 17 April 2016

Morning View

     I woke up and looked at the drapes and thought what a dreary day and of course I was half asleep and feeling groggy. I went through my regular morning routine and prepared my coffee and came to the computer only to realize I hadn't even looked outside. I assumed it was dreary because I could only see dimly through a pair of drapes. I quickly pulled them open, only to see a beautiful sky of so many colours and a brilliant dance of light. How could I have almost missed the view!
    
 Life is like that at times, we assume something is nothing when nothing is actually something wonderful ;)

     We come so close to knowing the truth and yet we walk away because maybe it's easier to just assume but the problem in the end is that it's not the truth and it leaves you in the same place, no opportunity for change, a healthy change.
     God has so many things planned for our lives and yet we want our own way and we want it to be comfortable, routinely fixed and we just want to go through our day but the problem with that is that it's so short of what God truly has planned for us. There may be suffering and trials along the way but eventually there is a beautiful sunrise of change and a brilliant dance of colours filled with faith, hope and love.

     For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
                                                                              Jeremiah 29:11


 Larger View

No comments:

Post a Comment