Friday 18 August 2017

The Little Things

We so often want a grandiose change, something sudden, awe inspiring and pivotal but surprisingly enough, some times the greatest change is in the little things that cause a big tipping point. I remember when I was younger, I thought of how amazing it would be to be like samson from the bible, a superhero, someone with massive strength! You daydream and imagine, thinking of all the cool things you would or should do. Laying down in a field of dreams and just chuckling at different ideas that pass through your mind like clouds dancing across the sky on a windy day.
As you grow up you realize that some amazing things can happen by dedication, courage and determination, not to say that God doesn't do miracles in any way but we are held with gifts and each according to His plan, now the question is do we bury them and do nothing or do we cultivate them, tend to them and watch them grow. I began training extremely hard after my stroke happened and learning to do everything over was no small task and by God's grace I overcame and am overcoming huge obstacles. Currently I'm training five days a week and seeing a huge improvement but not without blood, sweat and tears. The profound thing is this, even in my weakness I was determined, focused, purposefully pushing forward no matter what; little by little I've come to the point I'm at, and it is paramount. I look back and realize that I've done what seemed literally impossible and what has taken root is more than strength in muscles but rather strength in character, in diligence and fortitude. Now that's a change I would never take back...
I faced a lion of improbable victory and came out the winner and so can you by God's grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment