Thursday 17 August 2017

The Challenge

Life is a challenge and so many times we struggle with sudden change but change can easily become a catapult for something new and exciting. The greatest issue can easily be the fear of the unknown, wondering if that very change I good or bad. You could easily have a 100 people with the same circumstances and yet you will always have one who deals with that set of challenges in an amazing way, they see the change that initially felt fearful and made it into something inspirational, they see it as an opportunity instead of a huge obstacle waiting to crush their hopes and dreams. The difference is in the mindset, in how you approach the difficulties, the unknown.
When I had my stroke I had to learn to read, write, walk and talk again and it was deeply life changing and when faced with every daily challenge I had to decide will I rise above it or will I cringe and hide from life. I chose the the former and the struggle was honestly brutal but in the end I found a much stronger man. I became a deeper person with roots that reached much further into the grounds of courage, faith and hope! We may not have the luxury of an ample amount of ideal choices when dealing with adversity but we can have an amazing perspective and or hope in dealing with adversity and that is where healthy change can occur.

No comments:

Post a Comment