Wednesday 21 September 2016

Heaven Bound


~Heaven Bound~ 

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I have come that they may have life, and have it in all its fullness. John 10:10

I read this verse a while back and it shook me to the core, I realized that we
are all responsible for our actions, our choices and our inevitable destination.
Thankfully I chose life and if I had not, most likely I would have died in some
crazy violent way, I was a very lonely, angry human being. I was bullied
so badly as a teen that it made me hate myself deeply
and it carried on into my martial arts, pushing as hard
as I could until I was exhausted with anger. I eventually met up
with one of my bullies years later, after I became a christian as was shocked
at his appearance, he was nothing more than skin and bones with a hollow
look in his eyes. He had used drugs so frequently that it had aged him
and drew all the youth right out of him. He was just a shell of a human being
and all of a sudden I had nothing but compassion for him. God had
rescued me from a lot of pain and I am so grateful for His endless love.



No comments:

Post a Comment